Marie & Mark's Wedding Website

A site dedicated to the preparation details of our marrige ceremony and celebration. Thank you all for caring so much to join us on this journey.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Musical Soloist - Amy

I love music and admire those that are musically gift. Sadly, I do not count myself among that group. But lucky for me, Amy is. I met Amy when I joined the "girls group" also known by some of our male friends as "estrogen militia." The girls group consist of 10 of the best Catholic girls you can find in the Puget Sound area. We travel from Bellingham down to Tacoma and as far east as Ellensburg. For the last 3 years, I have spent my time in fellowship and fun with these fantastic ladies. For me Amy always stood out for humility, compassion, and gift of song. Two years ago, Amy and I chaperoned a group of teenagers on trip to Europe and World Youth Day. During this trip, I cherished Amy's presence so much. It was such a blessing to be able to talk to her about our faith and have life-giving experiences of pure holiness while visiting the Vatican City, Scala Sancta (holy stairs), Assisi and attending a Papal Mass. Not to forget, climbing all the way up to the top of St. Peter's Basilica. I will forever feel connect to her. I asked Amy to sing the processional song, "Ave Maria". I know that I will be in tears at that moment. One reason for the pure joy that I will feel entering the sacrament of marriage. The second reason...Amy's voice. More often than not, I find myself in tears when I hear her sing. She sings with such passion and worship. I can't wait. Thank you, Amy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home