Marie & Mark's Wedding Website

A site dedicated to the preparation details of our marrige ceremony and celebration. Thank you all for caring so much to join us on this journey.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Maid of Honor - Janee "Jay-Nay-Nay" Hall


Since I am so special and so loved...I needed to have not one but two! Or maybe it's because I am too much to handle for one person! Either way, I am such a blessed girl to have so many wonderful female role models. I come from a family full of them and I make it a point to surround myself with friends that exhibit the same traits. I have chosen one of my best friends to fill the role of maid of honor. Janee, my friend of over 10 years is one of the craziest people that I know. I don't even know how to begin to describe her, so here is my attempt. She is my friend, sister, advisor, instigator - just to name a few of her roles. Truth be told, that girl knows too many stories about me. And they aren't all pretty! Janee and I first met when I was a senior in high school. We both worked at the YMCA summer camp where her nickname was "Jay-Nay-Nay" and I was "Lil-Lulu." We were assigned all the troublemaker kids because we knew how best to work with them. Apparently, we related with these kids all too well. We survived the summer and remained friends as we attended different colleges. That summer Janee finally came to her senses and transferred to WSU to be closer to her dear friend. Go Cougs!! We spent the summer studying and going to the local pub to play Scrabble. For the next few years, we went through many boyfriends, jobs, break-ups, moves, etc. We remained close friends while I was living in Pittsburgh and Chicago - not an easy task! But that shows you the type of person that Janee is - dependable, loyal, trusting and fun. I love her to death and she will always be my other sister. And of course, if I didn't say it she would...."Mark is exactly like Janee and that is why I love him so much." Thus, I really am marrying my best friend.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful. I love the website. Keep it up! I expect something new every week... and try to include more things about me ;)

Janee

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful! I am so happy for you and can't wait to share your beautiful day with you and your new family!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home